May 10, 2011

Happy Thrifting


When I go thrift shopping, there are a few things that I look for:

First, I look for colors and patterns that catch my eye.

Then I look to see if it's made of natural fibers:
cotton, wool, silk, bamboo, etc.


If the garment falls into both of these categories,
I buy it, usually no matter the size.
I can always make it my size or just refashion.

If I like the color but its not made of natural fibers,
like polyester or rayon,
I place it right back, even if it is my size.
It's not worth my time or money to refashion.
I try to stay with naturals.

Sometimes, however, I do see a garment that I absolutely love,
but its not made of natural fibers.. I buy it..
and this happens very rarely.


Like this dress for instance
[Bedford Fair]

I love the flowers, but it's made of cotton and rayon. 
The sleeves and length need to be fixed and it was only $4.50

And last, but just as important, I look at the price.
Helps when it comes to those rare moments just mentioned.
Usually I like to stay under $10,
sometimes even under $5,
but there are some things that are worth more.


Please take a moment to check out Thrift and Shout!

Also check out her very useful
Tips for Successful Thrift Shopping

1 comment:

  1. oh, my lovin the ideas you have. I need my personal
    Russian tailor to make sure I have skirts for summer..lol

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and ideas!