May 7, 2018

Crunchy Mama Tag


     My friend over at Simple Steps did a Crunchy Mama Tag and I enjoyed reading it.. thought I'd check myself too hehe..


     This is how it works, I get a "point" for each "crunchy" thing that I've done. This is all just for fun, there are no trophies or anything ;) Let's see how crunchy I am..


1- Stopped shaving legs

     No, although I don't shave daily, I do like my legs smooth.


2- Stored coconut oil in the bathroom

     Yes. I use it as a moisturizer & makeup remover.


3- Put garlic oil in my ear

     No, but I haven't needed to. I have put it in Mr. Chickadee's ear.


4- Bought vinegar by the gallon

     Yes. I use it as a fabric softener, cleaner, & to wash fruits and veggies


5- Bought from the bulk bins

     We have 7 chickadees, shop at Costco, so of course! hehe.


6- Breastfed a baby

     Yes. 82 collective months between my 7 chickadees and baby chickadee is still breastfeeding. That's 6.83 years. Woah!


7- Washed a cloth diaper

     Yes. More than one too. hehe.


8- Used breastmilk as a remedy

     Yes. It's astonishing how amazing breast milk is.

9- Done family cloth

     Nope. Never will. And no, this is not one of those 'never say never' moments either.


10- Made my own cleaner

     Yes. All the time.


11- Used soap nuts

     No.


12- Said "We don't use paper towels"

    Yes, but only because I was being silly when a Chickadee asked if we had any paper towels as I was holding a roll.. but we do use them.. please don't stone me ;) 

13- Tried oil pulling

     Yes


14- Washed my hair without shampoo

     Yes, I've tried the 'no-poo' method and though it worked great for a while, my hair started feeling like straw.. 


15- Worn orange glasses

     No.


16- Licked a salt lamp

     Yes, lol, I was checking to make sure it was real.


17- Said "There's an oil for that"

     Maybe not those exact words, but I do often suggest essential oils.


18- Used herbs as remedies

     Yes. Herbs are God given medicines.


19- Made my own deodorant

     Yes. Did not like it.. maybe I messed up somewhere, it was scratching my pits.


20- Read the ingredient list of anything

     Yes. Always. Even the chickadees do (parenting win right there)


21- Used a baby carrier

     Yes. Absolutely a must!


22- Dug through the trash for recycling

     Yes.. chickadees don't always care about these things..


23- Used activated charcoal

     Yes. 


24- Soaked grains or nuts

     Yes. I was surprised how much more flavorful they were!


25- Drank kombucha

     Yes, regularly. We brew our own. So yum!


26- Had a cabinet full of mason jars

     Yes. Great for storing, drinking, playing, whatever lol


27- Made my own bone broth

     Yes. My favorite is chicken and I like to drink it by itself.



22 out of 27.. I'd say that's pretty crunchy hehe and now I want my trophy ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!