September 29, 2017

Our new home


     Many people are downsizing their stuff and their homes, going from big homes to tiny homes. Not us. We were living in a 1,260 square foot home. 9 people in that tiny house. We were like sardines in a can.

     I did the best I could with what I had. I reduced our stuff a lot, which also emptied up a lot of shelves, that I was able to take out of the house. But even still, it just felt too tight. The chickadees did not have a whole lot of room to play. We had six in one bedroom, on three bunk beds. At least they each had their own bed. Baby Chickadee slept in the side crib next to us. One tiny bedroom I turned into a closet/toy storage because the closets in the rooms were miniscule. And as amazing as our school area was, it still made the living room a little bit more cramped.

     When we were looking for a home, we definitely wanted between 2,500 and 3,000 square feet, some acreage, and less neighbors. This home is 3,600 square feet and has two and a half acres of land, which is surrounded with crop fields. Perfect for our large family!

Enjoying our first meal in the new home ❤

     Aaaaaand, we are still within 20 minutes of everything we need! Walmart, Target, Costco, I even found a farmer's market nearby!

Beautiful herbs and vegetables found at the market...

    There are about two down sides to this pretty great place. For one thing, it's a rental. Meaning it doesn't belong to us. And the other, we are surrounded with crop fields that will be sprayed with toxins. But we plan on either staying indoors during those times, or staying with my mom for a few days.

Added a personal touch..

    All that aside, I am still looking forward to making this house our home. I already have pinterest boards going for each room and trying to figure out how to style the whole house. {Follow me on Pinterest} I can't wait to get started!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!