September 15, 2017

Large Family | Moving



     I do not enjoy moving. It's always chaotic and headache inducing. Somehow it has always turned out that I was either super pregnant or nursing a baby or we had one week to pack. Things would get frantically thrown into boxes, not labeled. Some things thrown together that didn't even belong together. Whenever unpacking boxes, it was like opening Christmas gifts, I never knew what I was going to find in there. And some times even had some surprises, like, "Hey, a whisk in my clothes!" Or "Hey, my shirt between glass vases." On top of that, the more Chickadees we had, the more stuff we had, the harder it got. This time I refuse to let it be chaotic, so I made a plan...

  • Set aside enough clothes for everyone for 1 week, plus 1 pair of shoes, store in a suit case, wash as needed.
  • Work on one room at a time. Label all boxes.
  • Boy am I glad I reduced so much of our stuff this year!!
4 weeks before move date: ✔

Chickadee bedroom:
  • Books
  • Extra blankets
  • Winter clothes
  • Sell all the bunk beds
3 weeks before move date: ✔

Closet/toy room:
  • Toys
  • Chickadee clothes
  • Storage closet
  • Sell shelving units
Master bedroom:
  • Craft supplies
  • Master closet
  • Extra blankets
2 weeks before move date:

Living room:
  • School stuff
  • Living room decor
  • Shoes
     As you can see I've crossed off things I've packed and checked off completed rooms. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to pack up the living room this week like planned. Life happens even when you're in the midst of moving. No probelm though, it'll get packed next week with the kitchen. There really is not that much to pack up in the living room anyway.

1 week before move date:

Kitchen:
  • Buy paper plates, plastic cups and forks/spoons
  • Leave out 1 pot, 1 frying pan, 1 serving spoon, 1 tungs, 1 salad bowl, 1 cutting board, & 1 knife
  • Pack the rest of the kitchen
1 day before move date:
  • Bathrooms
  • TV
  • Rest of kitchen
  • Sofa
  • Anything else we may have missed.
Day of move:
  • Load up the mattresses
  • Travel bags
Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!