September 10, 2018

DIY | Pallet Wall Clock


     I've wanted to make things with pallets since it exploded on pinterest. I finally got my chance and started with a smallish project.. a wall clock.. something our living room was in need of.

     A little back story: Mr. Chickadee works for a flooring company as the project manager. Huge shout-out to Anton's Floor Covering. If you need your wood floors, carpets, and tile installed or replaced, Anton is your guy! And you'll meet Mr. Chickadee, so you should definitely go with Anton's Floor Covering! (I was not paid for this.. but maybe I should *wink wink* jk jk)

     Anyhow.. working for a flooring company, sometimes Mr. Chickadee delivers materials to the job site. Subsequently, pallets sometimes find their way to our garage. This crafty mama married the right guy with the right resources y'all!

I had Mr. Chickadee cut out the pieces I needed...



Then I had him glue and nail the boards together to make a square...



     Originally, I wanted to cut it into a circle, but Mr. Chickadee doesn't have the proper tool needed for that.. it's apparently still in our storage unit in Missouri.. so we left it a square.

I painted it a turquoise color.. which is the color of a few accents in the living room.



Like the draped blanket on the white couch..



And this sign my sister made for me a few Christmases ago ♥



And these bottles on the shelf..



Anyway, back to the project..

I sanded the edges and random spots from the board.. to give it a weathered farm house look..



Mr. Chickadee attached a picture hanging set to the back...



 To make sure the clock numbers are set correctly, I nailed a nail to the center of the board, tied a string to it, and a pencil at the end of the string. Guiding the pencil around the nail, keeping the pencil straight up and the string taught, I drew a circle on the board. Then, using this guide, I marked where the numbers will go. Which is every 30°.



Using {this tutorial} I printed the numbers on wax paper and transferred them to the board..



I got a {clock hand set} on amazon. The mechanism hangs on a screw on the board. Though I'm thinking we need to fasten it better for the long run..



I attached another piece of pallet board to the bottom of the clock with some eye hooks and wire. Then repeated the same process with a quote.




And last, but not least, I hung the clock where I wanted it to go.. along with the beautiful sign my sister made ❤



Listen to this song by Matt Maher:
Lord, I Need You. ❤




P.S. Isn't it neat how the turquoise changes hue at different times of day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!