July 23, 2018

Skinny girl on a diet?



     Although I do not tell people that I'm on a keto diet, they do notice that I'm not eating like everyone else. They ask, "Why are YOU on a diet?! You're skinny! You need to eat or you'll die!" Well, thank you for your concern, but do you not see all this food on my plate?!


     I don't "diet" to lose weight. Though it is a nice perk, it will eventually stop. My body is currently getting rid of excess fat, the muscles remain and are growing as I exercise. One pound of fat looks way bigger than one pound of muscle. Eventually my body will stop losing weight, I promise! I'm not going to be reduced to dust lol.

     I know the word diet has a different meaning to most folks, but diet means: the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats. Yes, the secondary meaning of diet is restricting oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight, but the first definition is literally, the foods you eat regularly. Therefore I'm not on the secondary meaning of diet, I'm on the primary meaning of diet. It's a life style.

     Then the question is, why? Why do I chose this lifestyle? Well, for health reasons. Why else?

     Everyone knows that sugar is not good for you. At least I hope everyone does. And carbs from foods like beans, potatoes, rice, flour, corn, and other grains also break down into sugar. And those are the foods you need to avoid when on a low carb diet.



     Check out all these amazing benefits when you reduce carbs:
  • Reduced inflammation
  • Improved clarity and sharpness
  • Energy
  • Clear skin
  • Anti-aging (I mean this reason alone y'all 😄)
  • Reduced risk to many chronic illnesses
  • And of course, weight loss
    So there you have it.. why I'm on a "diet" even though I am skinny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!