July 2, 2018

Capsule Wardrobe | Maybe Not

The inspiration closet...

    When I first started on my capsule wardrobe journey, I really wanted to have minimal clothes with maximum options to wear them.. So I purged and purged and was well on my way to a minimal closet.


     As I have mentioned before, all capsule wardrobes are very monotone with a pop of color in accessories. It just wasn't enough for me. I adore all colors and lots of it! And that is when I realized I was giving away some of my favorite clothes just for the sake of some arbitrary number!

     I thought I could give up all the colors, but I just couldn't. Looking back at my teen wear-all-the-black years, I would have never thought I'd love colors so much haha!

     Though I did learn some lessons in clothing and style, I quit trying to fit into something I just am not. My closet may not be a capsule wardrobe, but it *is* fully functional and not bursting at the seams. It's no longer about the number, it's about loving the clothes I have and not having so much that I can't even see everything I have or have a chance to wear at least once a year.

My actual closet ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!