June 4, 2018

Things you may not know about me #7


I had my right heel and ankle torn up by a bicycle wheel.


     When I was about 4, my father needed to go somewhere and had to take me with. His only mode of transportation was his bicycle. (The photograph above was taken about 10 years before this happened, but it is the only one I could find of my father on his bicycle. This was 2 years before his mandatory service in the army. 4 years before he got married. 6 years before I was born. And interestingly, the same year Mr. Chickadee was born!)

     He sat me down on the back rack, behind the seat and told me to keep my legs raised to the sides.

    Along the way I got tired and put my legs down.

     My foot got caught in the spokes, halting the bicycle, and we fell over.

     I remember seeing blood and bone.

     I still have scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!