February 26, 2018

Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and messes, oh my!


     I got sick and tired of finding toothbrushes all over the bathroom.. yuck.. and someone always leaves the cap off the toothpaste. I decided enough was enough, it was time to try something new.

     I used to color coordinate all their stuff, tooth brush, hand towel, bath towel, but it's getting harder to find nine different colors of everything. And permanent marker rubs off toothbrushes.. I almost considered using a wood burner tool to etch their names in.. but still, it doesn't solve the problem of disarray of toothbrushes and it certainly doesn't help anyone admit to leaving the toothpaste open..

     So I got each family member a cup, toothbrush, and their own toothpaste. I wrote their names on their cups, hopefully the permanent marker will last longer here. Toddler and Baby Chickadee share a cup since I brush their teeth anyway.. and Baby Chickadee gets only water as "toothpaste".


     It has been one week and so far it has worked! Everything has stayed in their cups, no one leaves their toothpaste open, and for some reason some chickadees want to brush their teeth more. I hardly have to remind them to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!