October 8, 2018

Rags to Riches | Magnetic Learning Calendar


     I had purchased the felt learning calendar a few months ago and after a few days, it started driving me bonkers! The felt pieces just would not stick! I would walk by and they would fall.. grrr.. So I decided to change it up and make it less frustrating.

Here it is before I changed it up.. 



Supplies I used:

Galvanized tray $12
Round magnets $4
Command strips $5
Hot glue gun (already had)
Wrapping paper (already had)
Random boxes Mr. Chickadee had in the garage.
Power drill (use extra command strips if you dont want to drill)

I had Mr. Chickadee drill 2 holes at the top so I could string the tray up..


However, the tray is a little warped and would not lay flat against the wall.. so I went and got some command strips and stuck them at the 4 corners. Now it lays perfect and doesn't make that thundering noise!


I cut all the pieces out of the background felt.. and hot glued small round magnets to them along with all the other pieces.

(these are not all the pieces)


Then needed to come up with something to keep all the unused pieces in one place..


Found these little boxes in the garage..
They had old parts from a door..



Wrapped them in the left over wrapping paper.. and hot glued them to the tray.



Now all the pieces stay, it looks better, and we can use this space for other magnet play and learning!



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!