October 1, 2018

Home Decor | Slow Progress


     There are people who purchase all new and matching furniture to decorate their new home in one go.. we are not those people.. our home decor is a slow progress and it used to stress me out to have people over..

I recently came across this and it's so true!!


     We have been brainwashed into consumerism, to buy new and buy and buy and buy. Things are no longer made with quality in mind, it's all about the quantity, and things don't last. Even some of the expensive stuff. What's worse is, we are made to feel somehow "less than" if our home isn't perfectly furnished right away.

     I will not let strategic marketing dictate my life. I have settled into the slow progression of making our home. Making it our own, one piece of furniture at a time.

     When I share my various projects here, you see other things that don't quite fit in.. they will eventually. Follow me on my journey by becoming a bird watcher {click on follow at the bottom of the page}.

     And just to give you a taste of what's to come, here are some projects in my long queue of things to make or makeover...


Curtains
Mirror
Various slipcovers
Chalkboard easel
Storage stools
Kitchen table
King bed
Desk
Tall dresser
Stove shelf
Pallet signs
Table lamps
Oversized frame
Hidden printer
Fabric & yarn organization

This may take a while 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!