December 2, 2013

Jo-Ann Fabrics and Aprons


I got a job at Jo-Ann Fabrics!!!!
 
     I am so excited to be able to work in one of my favorite stores! About a month ago I found out that my local Jo-Ann's was hiring, I went straight to my computer to apply!! I had an interview almost immediately and then after filling out and signing a bunch of paper work online, I was hired!!

     I have worked a few shifts already, one of them being on Black Friday Morning, and am having tons of fun!
 
     Part of the Jo-Ann Fabrics uniform is to wear an apron. Although they do provide one for you, it's just a plain green apron with their logo on it, I was told we could make our own! Provided, of course, that we use current Jo-Ann's fabric and that the colors go with the season. Right now the season is Christmas/winter so I made myself this pretty and reversible apron:





I went on pintereset in search of a pretty and easy apron pattern

What I love about this pattern is the gathered bodice and the smooth, a-line skirt... but the price was a bit much for me and I had to wait for the pattern to come in the mail.
 
Since I have some pretty good sewing skills, I decided I would just wing it.
 
I bought some fabric, drew out and "dissected" the drawing, cut out the pieces and sewed everything together. I would love to post how I did it, but I think I would get in some copy right infringement trouble.. so I am not going to.


 But here I am wearing the pretty apron :)
   


For January, I made a matryoshka apron. Not really winter theme, but I'm sure it'll be ok as there is currently a similar matryoshka apron free pattern available at the store.
 


And for February's Valentine's Day theme, I made a heart shaped apron with ruffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!