Monday, January 26, 2015

Owl Slippers {Free Crochet Pattern}

My sister LOVES owls. I sewed her an owl apron for Christmas and when she told me she was looking for a new pair of slippers,  I decided to make her a pair of owl ones!

I didn't have a pattern to follow so I just "winged" it. I wrote the pattern down as I made one of the slippers so that I can make the other without trying to remember what I did. So here it is!



You may make and sell products from my patterns,
but if you do, I ask that you give me credit.
 I have created these patterns myself. 
Please do not copy and claim them as your own. 
Please do not re-publish photos as your own. 
For any questions, please contact me via email at
 yelenasnest@yahoo.com

Have fun!

P.S. If you don’t already,
like me on Facebook and share your finished product,
I would love to see it :)



Materials:

Abbreviations:
Yarn: Medium 4 weight yarn, I used "sugar 'n cream" yarn. 5 colors: green, pink, white, orange, and turquoise.
Hook: Size H
Buttons, scissors, needle.

ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
st(s) = stitch(es)
Rnd(s) = round(s)

Notes:
When joining rnds, do not sl st into top of chs, sl st into the first st.
These slippers are a size 8.5, other sizes may be available soon.
Ch 2 counts as 1 dc.
Dc2tog counts as 1 dc


Slippers {make 2}

Rnd 1: With green, make an adjustable ring, ch 2, 10 dc into adjustable ring, join with a sl st to 1st dc. (11 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, dc in same st, 2 dc in each st around, join with a sl st to 1st dc. (20 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 2, dc in same st, dc in next st, [2 dc in next st, dc in next st] repeat [] around, last dc will be made into the sl st of last rnd, join with a sl st to 1st dc. (30 dc)

Rnds 4-6: Ch 2, dc in same st, dc in each st around, join with a sl st to 1st dc. (30 dc)

Rnds 7-11: With pink, repeat rnd 4. (30 dc)

From here you will work in rows, not rounds, you do not need to tie ends off.

Row 1: Ch 2, dc in same st, dc in next 18 sts, do not join (20 dc)

Rows 2-6: Ch 2, turn, dc in in next 19 sts. (20 dc)

Row 7: Ch 2, turn dc in next 7 sts, dc2tog 2x, dc in next 8 sts. (18 dc)

Row 8: Ch 2, turn dc in next 6 sts, dc2tog 2x, dc in next 7 sts. (16 dc)

With a scrap of pink yarn, sew heel shut, on the inside of slipper.

Ch 1, sc around the opening. 2 sc in each post of the dcs, sc in each of the dc sts, join with a sl st to 1st sc. Tie off and weave in all ends.. (42 sc)

Eyes {make 4}

With white, make an adjustable ring, ch 2, 12 dc into adjustable ring, join with a sl st to 1st dc. Tie off. (13 dc)

Beaks {make 2} 

With orange, make an adjustable ring, ch 2, 2 dc into adjustable ring, ch 2, sl st into adjustable ring. Tie off. (4 dc)

Flowers {make 2}

With turquoise, make an adjustable ring, [ch 2, 2 dc into adjustable ring, ch 2, sl st into adjustable ring] 5x. Tie off. (5 petals made)

Assembly

Sew eyes, beaks, and flowers to slippers. Sew on buttons for eyes. Tie off and weave in all ends.

All done!!

3 comments:

  1. What size of shoe would this pattern make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea for our church Xmas Bazaar. This is a community fundraiser for ten local non-profits. I will even put tags on the slippers I make. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and ideas!