November 17, 2018

DIY | Oversized Poster Frame



     You may have noticed our world map, taped to the wall with blue painters tape. Which isn't a great solution when you have toddlers who like to peels things..  plus it just doesn't look nice. It needed a frame.

    Large frames such as this can be a bit expensive and I couldn't really find what I liked anyway. So I decided to make my own.

I followed this tutorial to make the frame.. 

And these instructions to make the stain..

     I let the stain sit for 10 days before using it and then gave the frame a new coat once a day for 4 days.

     Then I stapled the map to the frame, nailed two small saw-tooth hangers to the back of the frame, and hung it above the console table. I decided not to wax or seal it. If it starts to be difficult to clean, I may seal it later. But for now it looks pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!