November 3, 2018

DIY | Console Table


     I needed to create a school work space for us. I got the idea to make a console table with a couple of square storage stools. Very practical and would look fantastic when they weren't using the table, with all the school books hidden in the stools underneath.


Look at all the pinterest ideas!!!

Sources: OneTwoThree. FourFiveSix.


     I told Mr. Chickadee of my plan. We brainstormed a bit and went to work. We decides to use 4x4's for the legs, 2x4's for the frame, and tongue and groove floor boards for the top. 



     Though the table legs and frame still need a few coats of paint, I'm thinking white, the table is very functional so we brought it in to start using it...



        I'm not going to go into detail of how we made it.. there are tons of tutorials out there and here are a few links...









     After setting the table up, we sat down to rest. I started looking for those links and loved the way the legs are attached in the first link. They look way better than the way we did it. I showed Mr. Chickadee and he agreed. So he redid the legs the next day. The small detail makes the whole table look so much nicer!



     You know he loves you when he spends his free time working for you 😄❤



     Next project is the square storage stools and a frame for the map..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and ideas!