April 28, 2011

Upcycle | A lovely pair of flats...

Before.... super comfy, but ruined...

I bought these super comfy flats at a thrift shop last year...
they were plain brown "leather" and did I mention super comfy?

Now even though they were new...
literally they were brand new...
I decided to throw them in the wash.
I was almost in tears when I took them out!
The "leather" had peeled and my flats were ruined!



Around that time I was obsessed about making my own pair of flats from scratch. So for the last 6 months they have been sitting on my refrigerator.. I know, I know lol... waiting to be taken apart and a pattern made from the pieces. And boy am I glad that I didn't get around to it!!! Because now I can just cover them with whatever fabric I choose!

I gathered the needed supplies and followed Make it & Love it super easy steps.

My only tweak was that I didn't use Mod Podge,
I used Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive.

And voila! I now not only have super comfy flats

I have super comfy AND super adorable flats :)


2 comments:

  1. Rebecca SchulzMay 04, 2011

    wow, now that's an amazing transformation! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and ideas!