Thursday, April 28, 2011

Skirt + Skirt = Purse

My purse was falling apart and I was in need of a new one... A friend of mine makes handmade purses and sells them on Etsy
(Purse'onally Yours ~ Please check her out)
Upon seeing her beautiful creations I wanted to buy one!

Unfortunately it was not in my budget at the time... so what was I to do?

I had 2 skirts in my stash of clothes waiting to be mended and/or refashioned. One was black and the other was a silky silver with black felt-like flowers on it. Sorry didn't even think to snap a photo. 

I had some purse patterns and decided to give it a try. Of course I wasn't completely in love with the pattern so I tweaked it here and there.

And viola! I have a new purse!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could do that but I'm still a beginner. You have to show me the details how you did it when we come to visit you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I love the pattern and the choice of fabrics! Doesn't it feel good to repurpose something into something useful?! And now, you have two less things in your "mending" pile! Bonus points for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and ideas!